The FGV division of the Formenti & Giovenzana SpA is pursuing business objectives, in the furniture accessories production field, through the maintenance and the improvement of an Environmental, Health and Safety Management System. To do this, the company has an appropriate organizational structure and implements rules, procedures and working methods in order to optimize the behavior of employees. The Business Management System (EMS) is structured according to the UNI EN ISO 14001: 2004.
The main points on which it based the Policy for the Environment and Health in the workplace are the following:
- Compliance with legal requirements and regulations;
- Implementing an EMS that involves the entire organization
- Continuous performance improvement through the definition of objectives periodically planned and reviewed;
- Make known the Environmental Policy across the enterprise through press releases and Social Responsibility actions updated periodically
- Make known the Environmental Policy outside the enterprise through information regularly updated on the website
- Support the commitment and the responsibility of each employee at every level by an adequate training program
- Preventive attitude rather than follow-up actions in order to limit possible negative effects;
- To eliminate at sources, when possible, the environmental impacts associated to its main activity, or to reduce them in line with the technical/economical feasibility
- To evaluate, during the designing stage, the environmental impacts associated with new processes and products by minimizing them as far as possible
- Rational usage of the natural and energy resources
- Engage in handling waste and favor, wherever possible, recycling procedures rather than disposal
- An open interaction with the community and local authorities.
The Company Management of the Formenti & Giovenzana SpA undertakes to provide and ensure the human and material resources required to achieve a continuous improvement in the environmental field.
The Company Management of the Formenti & Giovenzana SpA undertakes to periodically review the Environmental Policy in relation to inside information, to legislative constraints, to external stakeholders and to a structural and productive changes.